Location and main characteristics
The Reilhanette House is a large single level modern home of 200 m2, placed halfway up the hill of Reilhanette at the back of the village, in the middle of private land. Built at an altitude of 600 meters, below the ruins of the castle, it overlooks the Toulourenc valley and offers a breathtaking view of the Mont Ventoux region.
From the village square, access to the Reilhanette House is by a path, with the last village house 150 meters away. Along a fruit planted meadow, access is by private road allowing parking for up to 3 cars. The courtyard, on the north-east side, overlooks the entrance where a covered patio serves as a summer dining room (barbecue possible under municipal regulations). You can go around the house to the east along the hill or by the west side overlooking the Toulourenc valley. To the south, a terrace overlooks a garden.
The interior of the house consists of large volumes with ceiling heights varying from 3 to 5 meters. Large windows allow a great view of the Mont Ventoux massif and Toulourenc valley.
With a very nice sunny exposition, the temperature is never hot because the nights are cool thanks to the altitude. In the cold season, an automated floor heating and a fireplace in the living room heat the house in an efficient and playful way.
Number and room layout:
- A large entrance communicates with the patio through a door and sliding glass windows. The adjoining kitchen overlooks the large, well ventilated living room, lit by natural light through a large bay window, where a dozen people can eat in the kitchen space. Equipment: 2 bowl sink, gas stove, electric oven, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, storage space.
- In the large adjoining living room, 4 large windows, including a French window, open on the south terrace, offering a panoramic view of the landscape. Equipment: high and low tables and chairs, armchairs, garden furniture, deckchairs. There’s a fireplace in the corner of the living room, in the other corner a wall-mounted television with a subscription to Netflix and an ADSL Box with Wi-Fi offering internet access by the Box or the TV.
- The house has three bedrooms, two equipped with sinks. Equipment: Two 140 cm beds, two 90 cm bunk beds, cupboards, cabinets, tables and seats.
- In the bathroom a large walk-in bath-shower. In addition to the floor heating, a wall-mounted radiator quickly warms the room, the hot water is provided by a 200 liter electric tank. Equipment: large water basin with a lighted mirror, large cupboard with mirror doors, miscellaneous accessories.
- The toilets are independant.
- The laundry cellar is close to the entrance and the kitchen. Equipment: washing machine, double sink, various storage spaces, fridge.
Terms and rental price
The capacity of the Reilhanette House is 6 beds spread over 3 bedrooms. Upon request, it’s possible to add an extra cradle in a room and provide a tall baby chair.
The Reilhanette House is rentable weekly from April to October, from Saturday 14:00 to the following Saturday 10:00. The flat-rate prices include a household cleaning before the tenants’ arrival and a fee for water and electricity.
– Mid-season: April / May & September / October: 600 € per week;
– High season: June / July / August: 750 € per week
A deposit of one third of the rental fee must be paid upon reservation by bank transfer, the rest is payable on delivery of the keys. A deposit of 1.000 € (not cashed) is requested upon arrival and returned on departure.